All the instruments listed below are user instruments, available for use by internal and external users. For training, please email our Facilities Manager, Dr. Eric Finkelstein. For all policies about access to and use of SBI instruments, please refer to the Policies and Forms page. To get started with instrument access, visit the Access and Scheduling page.
Please visit our list of instruments at Experts@syr.edu or the direct links below.
- Molecular/Solution Characterization (DLS, FTIR, HPLC, MALS)
- Materials Fabrication (lyophilizer, centrifuge, press, extruder)
- Thermal Analysis (DSC, TGA)
- Mechanical Properties Characterization (rheometer, viscometer, tensile tester, tensile/compression tester, triboscope,
- Material Morphology Characterization (AFM, contact angle, Hirox digital microscope, polarized optical microscope)
- Microscopy (Leica Thunder, SEM, stereo microscope, TEM, ultramicrotome)
- Analytical Instrumentation for Biological Samples (Cell sorter, Luminex, plate reader, RT-PCR)