Four faculty positions related to BioInspired Syracuse are currently open:
- Functional Materials – Department of Biomedical and Chemical Engineering
- Integrative Animal Biology – Department of Biology
- Experimental Cellular Biophysics – Department of Physics
- Computational Chemistry – Department of Chemistry
Full descriptions are below the break.
In addition, Syracuse University recently launched the Future Professors Fellowship program. This is a program designed to hire promising postdocs who might transition into tenure-track faculty lines after the fellowship. Full description available in attached PDF (at right) or at the SU jobs page. The Institute’s profile on Experts@Syracuse may help identify relevant investigators to serve as mentors.
A position in Functional Materials, for which preference will be given to candidates who possess expertise in materials synthesis and characterization and a record of engineering smart materials for applications in both fundamental and translational research.
- We welcome applicants who have a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, polymer science or a closely related discipline.
- The position is open to applicants at the assistant/associate levels.
- The posting can be accessed directly here: www.sujobopps.com/postings/85573
The Department of Biology at Syracuse University (biology.syr.edu) is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the field of Integrative Animal Biology.
- Faculty hired into this position will join a cohesive research cluster in the focus area of Form and Function, which seeks to understand and optimize movement in organisms, robots, and human-machine interfaces.
- Candidates should have a Ph.D. in a relevant area of biology or a closely related field and research experience employing an integrative approach to answer fundamental questions in biology such as evolutionary biomechanics and functional morphology with a research focus on the diversity and evolution of animal function.
- The posting can be accessed directly here: https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/85906
Experimental Cellular Biophysics
The BioInspired Institute at Syracuse University is engaged in a hiring process for a faculty position within the Department of Physics in the field of Experimental Cellular Biophysics. This hire is in support of the focus areas of Mechanics of Development and Disease.
The candidate will take advantage of the state of the art computational facilities on campus, and complement existing research strengths in both the department and cluster, which include:
- molecular or atomic level theory and simulations
- bioinspired systems and functional materials
- peptide and small molecule drug-design
- protein-protein interactions and post-translational modification
- liquid-liquid phase transitions
- drug discovery and medicinal chemistry
- The posting can be accessed directly here: https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/85908