We are excited to announce a cohort hiring initiative for Postdoctoral Associates for multiple positions in a colocated, interdisciplinary research laboratory involving multiple faculty. Jump to the Postdoc section to read more.
Assistant Professor – Drug Delivery
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, biophysics, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, materials science, or a closely related discipline. For this Drug Delivery position, we are particularly interested in candidates who focus on immunoengineering, cell-based immunotherapy, vaccine design, micro-/nano-particles, targeted delivery of therapeutic agents, new technologies for antimicrobial control with a broader interest on biomaterial applications in translational biomedical research. Candidates from related research areas are encouraged to apply. For additional information please contact the chair of the search committee, Zhen Ma email@example.com.
Full description and to apply: Assistant Professor – Drug Delivery
Assistant Professors – Neuroscience
The Department of Biology, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program , the Aging Studies, and BioInspired Institutes at Syracuse University is pleased to announce the availability of two tenure-track positions in the focus area of Neuroscience and Aging. Faculty hired into these positions will build on existing strengths in cell and molecular neurobiology, behavioral and systems neuroscience, neurological disease modeling, neuropharmacology and toxicology, developmental neurobiology, and astrocyte biology and will establish their research labs in the world-class Life Sciences Complex. Questions can be addressed to search chair, Sandra Hewett firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postdocs and Technicians
We are hiring six (6) postdoctoral associates to be part of a cohort of postdocs joining multiple research groups in a new, interdisciplinary laboratory in the BioInspired Institute for Material and Living Systems. The BioInspired Institute spans multiple departments in the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and the College of Engineering and Computer Science. The overarching goals of the Institute are to enhance collaboration and promote world-class interdisciplinary research to quantitatively understand complex biological systems, and rationally design programmable smart materials to address grand challenges in health, medicine, and materials innovation.
Postdoctoral associates in this cohort will:
- Join an exciting and dynamic multidisciplinary institute that includes an existing population of 20+ postdocs.
- Work in newly-renovated, interdisciplinary laboratories in the Center for Science and Technology, along with other BioInspired faculty, students, and postdocs from Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, and Physics.
- Have access to the Institute’s extensive Professional Development Program, which focuses on skills of special interest to trainees in STEM.
- Access numerous Institute and campus resources including the BioInspired Materials Characterization Core, the Blatt Bioimaging Center, Syracuse University Research Computing clusters, and more.
To apply, please see the individual position descriptions released by each faculty principle investigator:
- Austin Garner. The candidate will be expected to lead and implement research projects studying the connections between form, function, and environment in the attachment systems of lizards (geckos and anoles) and/or sea urchins, with the overarching goal of informing and improving the bio-inspired design of synthetic attachment devices. Apply here.
- Xiaoran Hu: This position seeks a postdoctoral scholar to conduct research on functional polymers and/or novel drug delivery systems. Apply here.
- Anupam Pandey: This position offers opportunities to carry out original research in the broad area of interaction of liquid with soft, poro-elastic interfaces and slender structures. In particular, the postdoc will explore pathways for passive, reversible modulation of drop motion on soft interfaces, and study emergent viscoelastic response of liquid filled elastic structures. Apply here.
- Mirna Skanata: coming soon
- Theodore Walker: Synthesis and characterization of catalytic materials or computational tools and theories for modeling biological systems, especially in solvent effects and liquid phase biomass conversion processes. Apply here.
- Yaoying Wu: This postdoc will design biomaterial platforms for the delivery of biologics to modulate immune cell function. The hire will will have ample opportunities to collaborate with bioengineers, chemists, microbiologists, and immunologists. Apply here.
- Yi Zheng: This position seeks a postdoc to conduct research on controllable and reproducible human biosystems using stem cells; and to apply these biosystems for new discoveries in human development, disease etiology, and regenerative medicine. Apply here.
We are also hiring a single Postdoc for Experimental BioPhysics:
The Movileanu laboratory at Syracuse University is soliciting applications for one NIH-funded postdoctoral researcher position in Experimental Biophysics. This position involves fundamental and applied research and advising graduate students in an interdisciplinary and self-contained research team. Experience in one of the following areas is preferred: single-molecule biophysics, molecular biology, protein chemistry, nanofabrication, and ultrasensitive electrical and optical measurements. The initial appointment is for one year, with the possibility of renewal positions in the following years. Questions and inquiries can be directed to Liviu Movileanu (email@example.com).
Full Description and to Apply: Postdoc for Experimental BioPhysics
You may also search for additional positions at SUJobOpps.
Please check the research pages of individual faculty to find additional post-doctoral or graduate student openings. The Institute’s profile on Experts@Syracuse may help identify relevant investigators.